An Important Update: Our Response to COVID-19
Effective June 1, 2020, Main Street Community Foundation (MSCF) is notifying our community that we are taking the following steps in the next phase of our COVID-19 Response.
- Our office will be open Monday – Thursday 8:00am to 4:30pm; closed on Fridays.
- The MSCF staff will either be working remotely or on a staggered in-office work schedule. You may dial our main number at 860-583-6363 to speak to or leave a message for a staff member during office hours. You may reach a staff member by email as well – see directory here www.mainstreetfoundation.org/staff.
- A strict cleaning and sanitization schedule has been implemented in accordance with the Reopen Connecticut Guidelines for Offices.
- Social distancing will be practiced at all times and all employees and visitors will be required to wear a mask in our office building.
MSCF will not hold events or host external/committee meetings in person until further notice. Therefore:
- MSCF has made the difficult decision to cancel The Main Event: A Quarter Century Celebration scheduled for September 12, 2020. Upon much thought and consideration of the current events and the enormous impact of COVID-19 on all communities – both nonprofits and businesses – MSCF’s focus is on the best way to provide assistance during the COVID-19 crisis and the recovery that will follow. More information about our generous sponsors who are supporting our COVID-19 efforts can be found here.
- When possible and desirable, meetings will be held virtually; you will hear from MSCF staff about these arrangements.
- Access to our office in Bristol will now be open to visitors by appointment only. Kindly call our office at 860-583-6363 before entering the building.
MSCF has established the COVID-19 Response Fund to help our local communities mobilize the necessary resources to support the current emerging needs in Bristol, Burlington, Plainville, Plymouth, Southington and Wolcott. Visit www.mainstreetfoundation.org/covid19-fund to donate now or learn more about the fund. We will be collaborating with our funding partners to determine and respond to priorities in our local communities.
- You may make an appointment to come into our office to meet in-person with a member of our staff; face masks are required for these meetings and social distancing is practiced throughout the building;
- You can set up a phone call;
- Or you can set up a virtual meeting, using a platform of your choice (Zoom, Google Meet, etc.).