What are the advantages of working with a community foundation?
By giving through a community foundation, you are supporting local philanthropy and the causes you care about in a long-term manner.
- Experience. The staff of community foundations consist of dedicated, experienced professionals whose mission is to assist you and keep your intent always at the front of their mind. The staff understands the changing needs of your community and has a thorough understanding of the nonprofit organizations serving those needs.
- Personalized Service and Customization. Community foundations will meet with you individually or with your financial advisor to discuss your charitable giving interests and needs, and how we can best fulfill them while making the most of your philanthropic dollars. You choose what to give, when to give, and what cause(s) or organization(s) you wish to support. You can be as involved in your charitable giving as you choose.
- Local Commitment. A Board of Directors, made up of knowledgeable community leaders and volunteers like you, serve as the policy makers and ambassadors for the community foundations.
- Immediate and Long-Term Impact. Community foundations are committed to the stewardship of assets ensures that the charitable goals of donors are met now and for generations to come.
- Privacy. You decide when or whether you want to be recognized for your gift or remain anonymous. You can feel secure in knowing that your personal information will never be disclosed.
- Tax Advantages. Community foundations are public charities and donations qualify for the maximum available deduction for charitable contributions in the year when the gift is made.
COMMUNITY FOUNDATION 101/FAQ