MSCF Accepting Grant Applications from Organizations Serving Southington
Main Street Community Foundation is accepting grant applications for distributions from the Bradley Henry Barnes & Leila Upson Barnes Memorial Trust. Nonprofit organizations providing health related services in Southington are encouraged to apply. Further information, including complete grant guidelines, eligibility criteria and access to the online application can be found on the Foundation’s website. All proposals are due by 4 pm on September 30, 2021.
Consideration will be given to capital projects, programs or initiatives that will enhance the health and wellbeing of Southington residents. Funding requests must align with at least one of the following priority areas:
- Health/Health Care Needs for an Aging Population
- Substance Use and Mental Health
- Healthy Initiatives and Lifestyle including, but not limited to:
- COVID-19 related needs and recovery efforts
- Availability and Access to Healthy Food
- Environmental Protection and Sustainability of Natural Resources
- Fitness and Health
- Health Equity
- Health Literacy and Education
- Transportation and Access to Health Services
The suggested minimum grant request for a capital item is $50,000 and it must be used to enhance a current health related program that is available to the residents of Southington. The suggested minimum grant request for an initiative or program is $25,000.
Interested 501(c)(3) organizations should contact Kate Kerchaert, Director of Grants & Programs, at firstname.lastname@example.org or 860.583.6363 for a preliminary discussion of their proposal at least 7 business days prior to the deadline.
Since the Trust’s transfer to the Foundation in 2004, nearly $11 million has been distributed to benefit organizations in Southington or organizations that provide programs to Southington residents.