Capacity Building Grants Available from MSCF
In response to the ongoing pandemic and based on the identification of current needs in the local communities, Main Street Community Foundation (MSCF) has launched Phase 3 of its COVID-19 Response Fund grant program. MSCF is now accepting applications from nonprofit organizations to build capacity and strengthen recovery efforts related to the COVID-19 pandemic. The deadline to apply is February 24, 2021 at 4 p.m.
To be eligible for funding, organizations must meet the following criteria:
- Capacity Building Grants will be awarded to 501(c)(3) not for profit organizations and other charitable organizations able to receive tax-deductible contributions per MSCF’s discretion.
- The nonprofit organization must have a main office in Bristol, Burlington, Plainville, Plymouth, Southington or Wolcott and be serving a significant population in those communities.
- The nonprofit organization must have an existing relationship with MSCF.
- Grants are one-time and may range from $2,500 - $7,500.
Grant requests may include:
- Technology and/or consultant services to support the delivery of virtual programming;
- Equipment (laptops, cell phones, etc.) to facilitate staff working remotely and/or serving clients remotely;
- PPE, supplies and office equipment (partitions, Plexiglass shields, etc.) to adhere to safety protocols and ensure a safe office work environment for staff and clients;
- Other services identified which will help organizations adapt their business models and practices in order to continue successful operations in the current climate; and/or
- In certain circumstances, limited unrestricted operating support will be considered.
Organizations who meet the above criteria and wish to apply must contact Kate Kerchaert, Director of Grants & Programs, at email@example.com or 860-583-6363 for a preliminary discussion at least 7 business days prior to the deadline. The application will be made available to organizations that qualify after they contact the Foundation to determine eligibility.
In March 2020, MSCF established the COVID-19 Response Fund to help local communities mobilize the necessary resources to support emerging needs in Bristol, Burlington, Plainville, Plymouth, Southington and Wolcott. As of December 30th, $851,565 in COVID-19 response and recovery grants have been awarded to local nonprofit organizations.
MSCF is still accepting donations to the COVID-19 Response Fund from individual donors, businesses and other funders. To help your communities, donations can be made at www.mainstreetfoundation.org/covid19-fund.